Learn how to process 16mm B&W film negative and how the lab works to safely enjoy the use of the space as a member.
THE B&W PROCESS
Participants will learn how to load LOMO processing spiral, mix chemistry and safely process B&W 16mm film.
The workshop will be held from 2pm – 5pm on Sunday 2nd April. The event is limited to 12 people.
Reserve your at eventbrite ticket here:
What we will do:
~ Load a LOMO tank (similar to a Paterson tank but for Super 8, 8mm and 16mm film processing)
~ Discuss the theory of mixing dry chemistry
~ Discuss safety procedures in the lab
- ~ How the artist run lab Artist Film Workshop works
- ~ Introduction to theory of processing B&W film
What is included:
- ~ Development and fixer chemicals
- ~ Equipment for processing (LOMO tank etc)
- ~ Safety induction license (if you pass!)
What to wear:
- ~ Closed toe shoes
- ~ Regular clothing
Cost: $80 (full fee) $60 (lower waged)
Address: We are situated in archway 4 facing Jubilee Park Oval (near the Tramsheds food hall) in Glebe. We share the space with Big Fag Press, another artist run initiative you may be familiar with.